Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TWD: Lemon Loaf Cake


Happy Tuesday! My trip to New Orleans last week was AMAZING, and I'm not exactly happy to be back... I figured this lemon loaf cake might help a little bit ;)
This recipe is simple (thank you Julia, I really couldn't deal with another all-day one this week). I didn't really follow the directions for making everything room temperature before starting, but I'm not sure it would have made a huge difference. This cake takes a whole lot of lemon zest...

...from 3 large lemons! Surprisingly, the lemon flavor wasn't all that strong. It was a great pound cake - pretty dense, but sweet and something you can snack on all day. My one complaint would be that it was a little bit dry, but this could be due to over baking. I found it needed about 65 minutes in order for a skewer inserted in it to come out clean, but it may have been a bit too long.

Overall, a quick and delicious recipe I hope to repeat (and it's probably great for variations, like a lime loaf cake or a yummy glaze on top). Thanks to Truc of Treats and Michelle of The Beauty of Life for choosing this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. The recipe can be found on their blogs.
Enjoy! <3

7 comments:

Paula Montenegro said...

Nice loaf Sophia! So great you have your own blog at this young age. Wouldn´t want to imagine where you´ll be by the time you´re 21!! Well done

Sweet and That's it said...

Congratulations on your baking and blogging. You're doing great!

Sophia said...

thank you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely job!! I too want to echo that you are doing an excellent job on your blog. Baking, photos & writing are all great skills to have & work on!

Cher Rockwell said...

Your cake looks great & I am so impressed that you are doing this at such a young age!

Sophia said...

thank you!

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Impressive Sophia! Job well done! Nice to be baking along with you.